Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Pink Martini.

I think of the average (male) NPR listener as not quite having the right mix of chromosomes, or perhaps just a little too 'sensitive' and PC...but once in awhile I stumble over there and find some good music. Pink Martini has a new album out. There is a song "eugene" that just cracks me up...

Hey Eugene, do you remember me,
I am that chick you danced with two times
through the Rufus album Friday night at that party
on avenue A
where your skinhead friend passed out for several hours on the bathroom floor
while you told me
you were not that drunk
and that I was your favorite salsa dancer you had ever come across....

"The song is about a guy who promised to call lead singer China Forbes after meeting her at a party. But he never did."

Things written from life have so much vitality than things we're detached from....
However, I also feel their smörgåsbord approach to life, background and culture comes across as indecision and lacking true passion.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you please tell me what it means "NPR" and "PC" in the context you used it?
thank you

Anonymous said...

ops I got it when I click to hear the music.
ps:
the singer looks pretty decadent to me and a bar in avenue A? and you expect a drunk guy you met in a bar on that area to call you? who was drunk?