Tuesday, May 8, 2007

File under "duh"

Too much TV may result in academic failure
Teenagers who watch several hours of television a day do worse at school and are less likely to graduate than their peers, a new study suggests.

My only question - how does someone convince other people to fund such studies. I have several in mind I'd like to conduct:

a. Extensive rest at the seaside leads to feelings of Relaxation. to conduct this study, I will use myself as the subject, and get a cabin in Wellfleet, Ma for the summer.
b. More money increases consumer purchasing power. In this study, again, using myself as a subject, I will increase my income thirty fold and see if it leads to an increase in personal purchasing power.

Considering all the boondoggles we waste money on, I can't see any objection to these.

No comments: