Monday, December 17, 2007

A Bad Year For Bollywood.

Salaam e isque had some great music and typical bollywood like dance numbers, but over all was a great disappointment. Ditto for Eklayva - though it was probably the best film of the year from India, and Guru.

I was also very disappointed with Vidya Balan's roles: she was great in Guru but her role was far too short, and the one film where she had an expanded role - Heyy Babyy was a great disappointment. It had one good song:



Hopefull 2008 will be better? One thing, she did have a great makeover:

And she endears herself to me by saying things like this::

Mumbai, Nov 16: Vidya Balan, who was recently seen in a glamorous role in "Heyy Babyy", is happy being called a demure Indian girl.

"That's my USP and why should I shy away from it? Even if I tried to be a floozy, I'd be a disaster. Even when I played a radio-jockey in Raj Kumar Hirani's film, I wore kurtas, skirts and other desi accessories. I'm not like a hip radio-jockey from Australia," Vidya told IANS.

"I'd have been happy to be born 40 years ago and live my life in a sari," she added.

Amitabh Bachchan once said you can't take your eyes off Vidya when she is on screen.




True true AB.

No comments: