Monday, April 2, 2007

Seeing Color

I have always been perplexed by people who complain about overcast days. There is something about them that makes one contemplative ...there is a sense of peace about them. Most of all they make us aware of the subtle color invisible in bright sunlight and night.

Especially in spring and fall - on a clear day the orange maple leaves have to compete with brightest object we know of - the sun. When it is overcast the rich hues of the leaves come out. In spring, the bright greens of newly sprouting plants and swelling buds are clearly visible and one of the most vivid contrasts is the pink cherry blossoms against a grey sky.

There should be plenty of days like this ahead (the April showers that bring May flowers) so, open your eyes.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

seems that you really dreamed of angels and lighter cameras.
beautiful !:)
ps:I would like more a sunny Monday morning, it was so dark I felt asleep and now I have to run. :(

The KnickerBlogger said...

This is actually my favorite weather...I suppose after 10,000 or so years of my ancestors living on a cold rainy island that gets about 2 days of sunlight a year, when its like this, I am like a fish in water :)

Anonymous said...

well then, you were swiming in pleasure this morning and that makes you write all this so interesting articles!
I promise to read then with proper attention later,and I laugh loudy about the Birkenstocks,as a shoe designer I can tell you their are what we call "anatomically correct"
because the give a good support to both the arch and the ball of the foot but under my point of view they are so aesthetically hugly,specially for women.
if is not too much to ask,what's your astro sign?

The KnickerBlogger said...

LOL my mother's has a doctorate and still clips out and sends me my horoscope on my birthday ..."aries" i am told.

Anonymous said...

God bless mom!
That's why you have sometimes those electrical reactions,that and your anglosaxon blood LOL.
so your birthday was close or is may be soon ;)
if it's not today we can sing as the crazy tea pots in " Alice in Wonderland" do you remember why they sing to Alice ?

The KnickerBlogger said...

It was last week.

Anonymous said...

so I wish you had a wonderful birthday,with the people you love and the things that make you happy.
The day of your birthday is interesting to observe,it shows you somehow how is your next year going to be.
Mine change some years, I am what is called "a cusp" I was born the day one sign ends and the other one begins,so I check every year to see how is the sun behaving ;)