Sunday, April 1, 2007

On our way to being lied into another war.

Worth Repeating

The Real 'Existential Threat'
War with Iran augurs a global conflict
by Justin Raimondo

Our "free" media is so eager to accept the official British explanation of why their sailors/Marines wound up in Iranian custody that most Western "news" accounts are ignoring all evidence to the contrary, such as the trenchant observation of former British diplomat Craig Murray:

"The British Government has published a map showing the coordinates of the incident, well within an Iran/Iraq maritime border. The mainstream media and even the blogosphere has bought this hook, line and sinker. But there are two colossal problems.

"A) The Iran/Iraq maritime boundary shown on the British government map does not exist. It has been drawn up by the British Government. Only Iraq and Iran can agree their bilateral boundary, and they never have done this in the Gulf, only inside the Shatt because there it is the land border too. This published boundary is a fake with no legal force.

"B) Accepting the British coordinates for the position of both HMS Cornwall and the incident, both were closer to Iranian land than Iraqi land. Go on, print out the map and measure it. Which underlines the point that the British produced border is not a reliable one."

What Murray describes as the Brits' "fake map" is being reproduced in all the major Western media, as if it represents something other than a complete fantasy. Hardly surprising, in our Orwellian age: what's astonishing is that they expect there is anyone left who believes anything they say, no matter how many times it is filtered through the echo chamber of the "mainstream" outlets. Journalism is dead: long live stenography. The Western media reported Blair's certainty that the 15 Brits were in Iraqi waters as if it were gospel.



I don't know the reason for the seismic shift in the quality of 'journalism' to the fiasco going on in my neighborhood to the Persian Gulf. Maybe its been going on as long as mass media has been around and maybe the internet is finally exposing it.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

good morning:
why not to "enlight" your Sunday wtih something possitive?
Don't even think about another war,please no.
You have a wonderful mind,don't waste that beauty with negative thought from the morning on? in a Sunday?
Rent the movie "Amelie" is a bliss of fresh air for the spirit.
And enjoy! take a nice nap -if possible- with this weather a Sunday nap is like a feast!

The KnickerBlogger said...

Why would I rent Amelie when I own it :)

The KnickerBlogger said...

This morning i awoke to the sound of birds...a dozen different calls, went for a long run in prospect park - I delighted at the daffodils and buds swelling on the trees...already two cherry blossums have bloomed in the entrance to prospect park. they looked especially vivid in the grey mist - more so than a sunny day.
It started to rain a little and the smell is so different then winter - or even a few weeks ago - its hard to describe - and earthy mild plant aroma - not as sweet as a flower but still pleasant.

Anonymous said...

Amelie is a whisper of my soul,believe me ,if I'l show you a picture of mine when I was child even that we had the same eyes and I had the same hair cut and color (fringe and black) in 1998/99.
My father is a crazy doctor my mother a professor (but she would never ever would mede me get rid of a fish,or any pet or thnig I loved),I use to had my revenge on adult who made me feel bad and finally, I am good doer.
I LOVE the situation with the gnome,I laugh like crazy all the time I watch the father getting the pictures of the gnome traveling and I am even considering getting 2 of them to put outside of my canopie when I do the art and crafts and street fairs.
And that description you did of your Sunday morning running,THOSE ARE YOUR TRUE COLORS and is so nice when you show them.
ps: I love that fresh smell of the rain on the trees,remains me of the garden were I grew up.

Anonymous said...

where you there yesterday or it was just my imagination?

The KnickerBlogger said...

i wish, i fell asleep at 900 after a long day of being out side with heavy camera equipment.

Just got back from hanging paintings at the art student's league now.. perfect time for a cup a tea a book and a nap.

Amelie is one of my favorite movies of the last ten years, but neither audrey tatou nor the director has been able to 'follow up'...a very long engagement was a something of a dissapointment. ameilie had so much energy..

Anonymous said...

she has a previous movie I don't remember exactly but I think the tittle was somethingl ike "what God has to do with it" but I am not sure.I liked her role in "pride and prejudice"but I think it has to be too with the fact that I love the romantic era that movie protraits.
I feel that Amelie was kind of those magic things that only happen ones.
And for me,just remains me of who I am those days that I have to play "the role" too much on the crazy outside world.
I didn't stay more than the first hour yesterday,even the band sounds really nice,but my friends couldn't do it with me and when the band took a break I felt too lonely against the wall so I came back home,it was nice to see the moon -almost full- walking with me. dream with angels and lighter cameras :)

The KnickerBlogger said...

have you ever thought of starting a blog?
Yes, I know that feeling - I experience it often because there's often a differance between who your friends are and what you're interests are...so usually, rather than drag someone along to a lecture about the indian mutiny, i just go myself.
i really wanted to hear them though because they sound like band that would be really nice live....

The KnickerBlogger said...

"have you ever thought of starting a blog?"
it's easy - i meant because you have have a lot of interesting observations and thoughts...its 'theraputic' in a way ;)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the complement,but if you don't mind,I like more to share them with you.
I am not a super social person here,so I don't know too many people or I don't feel like relating with some of them because they are not interesting to me, I don't feel that nurturing feeling that you have after sharing a conversation or a space in time with an interesting person.
I work in a world of triviality and frivolity "fashion".
I choose it as an expression of my art but nevertheless,is superficial and empty and I feel that about many people I had encounter here.
This morning I got an email from one very interesting friend who,at the same time I moved here, he moved to Barcelona.
His email made me cry because more than an email was a poem where he told me in how many places in the world he missed to be sharing with me and he still remember the dress I was wearing in 1995 when we met in a fashion company in Buenos Aires.
I have my own blog:www.bluetnewyork.com
you blog with words,I blog with what you'll see there. :) tres jolie!