Friday, October 3, 2008

Dear Mr. Buffett: I Will Sell You My Share Of The Bailout

Steve Sailer writes:

Dear Mr. Buffett: I Will Sell You My Share Of The Bailout

In the LA Times today, Warren Buffett endorsed the bailout plan as “a rescue plan for America.” He went on to say:

“If we could do the deal that is available to the United States government and have its staying power, and its borrowing costs, we would make significant money. I would love to have, if they buy the assets at market price, I would love to have 1% of the profit or loss that results from buying these assets from troubled financial institutions.”

Okay, well, that suggests a second deal:

I hereby offer to sell, straight up, my family’s share of the bailout, both payouts and subsequent profits, to Mr. Warren Buffett. If he’ll write me a check for what it will cost me in taxes, I’ll sign over to him my share of the profits, if any.

Seriously, if Buffett really “would love to have 1% of the profit or loss that results from buying these assets from troubled financial institutions,” then I am all in favor of him ponying up $7 billion for 1% of the action.


.......................

I am amazed how many middle class americans are falling for this ruse - the financial elite of this country have been screwing us over for 20+ years - callously telling factory workers to get used to the global economy, now they assure us they have our best interests at heart, and we should turn over a large portion of our taxes and superseed the constitution? No wonder they want to ban guns.

No comments: